In this worksheet, we will practice describing the properties of ideal gases in which particles have zero volume and collide elastically.
Which of the following statements is incorrect?
- AThe entropy of a system always increases with an increase in temperature under either constant-volume or constant-pressure conditions.
- BIn cyclic thermodynamic processes, it is always true that the net changes in internal energy (), entropy (), and enthalpy () of a system are zero (i.e., ).
- CIn reversible adiabatic processes, it is always true that and (work).
- DAn isothermal expansion of an ideal gas always gives and .
At a fixed temperature and pressure, which of the following quantities is not the same for samples of and ?
- AAverage kinetic energy of atoms
- BMolar heat capacity
- DAverage speed of atoms
- EMolar concentration
If gas behaves like an ideal gas, which of the following accurately depicts the relationship between its pressure and compressibility factor ?
Which of the following graphs incorrectly depicts the relationship between two properties of an ideal gas?