Worksheet: Physical Effects of Bonding Type
In this worksheet, we will practice linking the physical properties of materials to the relative strengths of intra- and intermolecular bonds.
Which of the following structural characteristics allows graphite to be used as a lubricant?
- APlanes of atoms have no net charge.
- BElectrons are delocalized over an expanded covalent network.
- CPlanes of atoms interact weakly.
- DCarbon atoms are sp2 hybridized.
- ECarbon atoms are linked by strong partial double bonds.