Worksheet: Using Classification Keys
In this worksheet, we will practice on how to use classification keys to identify and group a variety of living things.
Scientists classify living things according to their traits.
Which of the following is the correct definition for the word trait?
- AThe environment an organism lives in
- BA type of adaptation
- CA distinguishing characteristic
- DThe way the organism behaves
Which is the largest kingdom?
The animal kingdom is divided into two groups, vertebrates and invertebrates.
What is a vertebrate?
- AAn animal that does not have a backbone
- BAn animal that has a skeleton
- CAn animal that has a backbone
- DAn animal that does not have a skeleton
Identify which group this animal belongs to using the given key.