In this worksheet, we will practice reading and writing numbers up to a hundred thousand in standard, expanded, and word forms and converting between them using place value.
Express 465,232 in words.
- Asix hundred fifty-four thousand, three hundred twenty-two
- Btwo hundred thirty-two thousand, five hundred sixty-four
- Cfour hundred sixty-three thousand, two hundred thirty-two
- Dfour hundred sixty-five thousand, two hundred thirty-two
Write using digits: one hundred forty-eight thousand, six hundred twenty-five.
Write down the number given in the figure in digits.
What is the number in the figure below?
What is the place value of the 8 in ?
- Dten thousands
Which of the following expressions is equivalent to ?
What is the value of the digit inside the bracket in ?
Write the missing number from the table in digits.
What is the place value of the digit in brackets in the number ?
- Eten thousands
Separate the number into its place values.
Complete the following: .
- A 6 000, 100, 9, 6 109
- B 6 000, 90, 1, 6 091
- C 6 000, 100, 90, 6 190
- D 6 000, 10, 9, 6 019
In which of the following numbers does the digit 7 represent a value of 700?
Fill in the blank: .
What is the place value of the digit 7 in 650 874?
- Bten thousands
In which of the following numbers does the digit 5 represent a value of 5?
What is the biggest number that can be made from the digits ?
- A 987,251
- B 125,789
- C 987,512
- D 987,521
- E 985,721
Emma used these shapes to represent the number 230,140. What is the value of the square?
Hint: Think about the place value of each digit.
Express 194,488 in words.
- Aone hundred ninety-eight thousand, eight hundred eighty-eight
- Beight hundred eighty-four thousand, four hundred ninety-one
- Cnine hundred eighty-eight thousand, four hundred forty-one
- Done hundred ninety-four thousand, four hundred eighty-eight
Write using digits: three hundred twenty-seven thousand, six hundred thirty-eight.
Write using digits: four hundred forty-seven thousand, nine hundred sixty-two.