In this worksheet, we will practice identifying the basic parts of a circle, such as the radius, chord, and diameter, and using their properties to solve problems.
Suppose , , and . What is the length of ?
Are all the radii of a circle equal in length?
Is the diameter the longest chord in a circle?
The length of the radius of a circle is the length of its diameter.
- Bequal to
What is the name of a chord that passes through the center of a circle?
- AA diameter
- BThe center
- CA radius
Which of the following correctly defines a circle?
- AA circle is the set of points in a plane that does not have any lines of symmetry.
- BA circle is the set of points in a plane that are different distances away from the center.
- CA circle is the set of points in a plane with a limited number of sides.
- DA circle is the set of points in a plane that are the same distance from the a given point called the center.
- EA circle is the set of points in a plane with a single curved side.
In the given figure, which of the following would represent the chord passing through and ?
Identify the radii of the circle.
Identify the diameter of this circle.
Given that , find the radius to the circle .
If the length of diameter of circle is 158 cm, find the radius of the circle.
Determine the diameter of the circle , given that its radius .
What is the radius of a circle whose diameter is 18?
What is the diameter of a circle whose radius is 3?
If the diameters of circles and are 2 cm and 6 cm, respectively, determine the length of .
Circles and are of radii 11 and 18 and touch internally. Determine .
What is the name for any line segment in a circle whose endpoints intersect the circle?
- Ca quarter of
Chords and meet at . If the lengths , , and are 5, 6.4, and 12 respectively, what are the possible values for ?
- A8 or 5
- B5 or 6.4
- C8 or 4
- D4 or 6.4
Determine the chord(s) of the circle shown below.
In the figure, . Determine the length of .
What is the longest segment with endpoints on a circle of radius 66.9 cm?