Lesson Worksheet: Existence of Limits Mathematics • Higher Education
In this worksheet, we will practice determining whether the limit of a function at a certain value exists.
Investigate the behavior of as tends to 0.
Complete the table of values for values of that get closer to zero.
- A, 2, , 2, , 2
- B1, 1, 1, 1, 1, 1
- C, 1, , 1, , 1
- D2, 2, 2, 2, 2, 2
What does this suggest about the graph of close to zero?
- AThat it oscillates rapidly between and 2
- BThat it decreases without bound
- CThat it changes randomly
- DThat it approaches 2
- EThat it increases without bound
Hence, evaluate .
- AThe limit does not exist.