Worksheet: Acid Tests
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying metals and salts by testing the products of their reactions with acids.
Which of the following statements is false?
- AThe reaction of a metal with acid produces a salt and hydrogen.
- BThe reaction of a carbonate with acid produces a salt, carbon dioxide and water.
- CThe reaction of an alkali metal with hydrochloric acid always produces a water-soluble salt.
- DThe reaction of an alkaline earth metal with sulfuric acid always produces a water-soluble salt.
- EThe reaction of a metal halide with sulfuric acid may produce an elemental halogen.