Worksheet: The Carbon Cycle
In this worksheet, we will practice describing the key steps of the carbon cycle including respiration, photosynthesis, combustion, and decomposition.
Which of the following is not a process by which carbon leaves the atmosphere?
- ASeashells forming
- BGases dissolving in seawater
- CIndustrial carbon capture
- DFuels combusting
- EPlants photosynthesizing
What name is given to an organism that releases carbon dioxide into the atmosphere by breaking down dead organic material?
- BCarbon dioxider
Carbon is not present in which of the following materials?
- AFossil fuels
Which of the following is not a process by which carbon enters the atmosphere?
- AFuels combusting
- BPlants and animals decaying
- CSeashells forming
- DPlants and animals respiring
- EWeathering from acid rain