In this worksheet, we will practice converting between the S.I. unit of energy, joules, and the units of energy more commonly used to describe energy production, such as the kilowatt-hour.
What is J in gigawatt-hours?
- A 4,500 GWh
- B 6,300 GWh
- C 3,600 GWh
- D 1,500 GWh
- E 9,800 GWh
How many joules are there in 230 GWh?
How many joules are there in 1 kilowatt-hour?
How many joules are there in 1 watt-hour?
Which of the following is the correct definition of a watt-hour?
- AA watt-hour is the amount of time it takes for a process to increase in power from 0 watts to 1 watt.
- BA watt-hour is a measure of the power of a process that is equivalent to the transfer of 1 joule of energy in 1 hour.
- CA watt-hour is the amount of energy that an electrical device transfers in 1 hour.
- DA watt-hour is the amount of energy transferred by a process that has a power of 1 watt and acts for 1 hour.
- EA watt-hour is the amount of time it takes for a 1-watt device to transfer 1 joule of energy.