Worksheet: Combining 1D and 2D NMR Data
In this worksheet, we will practice determining structures using chemical shifts, splitting patterns, and correlation data in several 1D and 2D NMR spectra.
When a nucleus is irradiated in an NMR experiment, the induced change in magnetization can be transferred to another nucleus via through-space interactions. What name is given to the variant of NMR spectroscopy that utilizes this effect?
- ACorrelation Spectroscopy (COSY)
- BHeteronuclear Correlation Spectroscopy (HETCOR)
- CDistortionless Enhancement by Polarization Transfer Spectroscopy (DEPT)
- DNuclear Overhauser Effect Spectroscopy (NOESY)
- EHeteronuclear Single Quantum Correlation Spectroscopy (HSQC)