Worksheet: Combining 1D and 2D NMR Data
In this worksheet, we will practice determining structures using chemical shifts, splitting patterns, and correlation data in several 1D and 2D NMR spectra.
When a nucleus is irradiated in an NMR experiment, the induced change in magnetization can be transferred to another nucleus via through-space interactions. What name is given to the variant of NMR spectroscopy that utilizes this effect?
- AHeteronuclear correlation spectroscopy (HETCOR)
- BDistortionless enhancement by polarization transfer spectroscopy (DEPT)
- CHeteronuclear single quantum correlation spectroscopy (HSQC)
- DCorrelation spectroscopy (COSY)
- ENuclear overhauser effect spectroscopy (NOESY)