Worksheet: Equivalent Amounts of Money: USD
In this worksheet, we will practice using coins to make the same amount of money in two or more ways, with amounts up to 100 cents or 100 dollars.
How would you make 32¢ using dimes and pennies?
- ABy adding 2 dimes and 3 pennies
- BBy adding 3 dimes and 2 pennies
- CBy adding 2 dimes and 6 pennies
- DBy adding 6 dimes and 2 pennies
How would you make 32¢ using a quarter and other coins?
- ABy adding 3 quarters, 1 nickel, and 2 pennies
- BBy adding 1 quarter, 1 nickel, and 2 pennies
- CBy adding 3 quarters, 2 nickels, and 1 penny
- DBy adding 1 quarter, 2 nickels, and 1 penny
How many pennies are in a nickel?
When Olivia has 10 pennies, she can swap them for a dime because 10 pennies are worth 10 cents.
How many more pennies does she need to get a dime?
Is there the same amount of money in both groups?