In this worksheet, we will practice identifying the functions of different parts of the immune system and how they help fight diseases.
What is a pathogen?
- AA doctor who specializes in common communicable diseases
- BAn illness that affects the respiratory system
- CA type of medicine that helps treat the flu
- DA bacterium, virus, or any other microorganism that causes disease
What is the purpose of the immune system?
- ATo help regulate body temperature
- BTo help bacteria reproduce (grow)
- CTo help the body digest food
- DTo help the body fight infection and disease
Which of these organs helps to prevent germs from entering our body?
- AThe stomach
- BThe lungs
- CThe kidneys
- DThe skin