Worksheet: The Immune System
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying the functions of different parts of the immune system and how they help fight diseases.
What is a pathogen?
- AA doctor who specializes in common communicable diseases
- BA bacterium, virus, or any other microorganism that causes disease
- CAn illness that affects the respiratory system
- DA type of medicine that helps treat the flu
What is the purpose of the immune system?
- ATo help bacteria reproduce (grow)
- BTo help regulate body temperature
- CTo help the body fight infection and disease
- DTo help the body digest food
Which of these organs helps to prevent germs from entering our body?
- AThe kidneys
- BThe lungs
- CThe stomach
- DThe skin
Viruses need to invade a living cell to reproduce (grow).
We can prevent some common viruses like the flu if we are given a shot called a .
White blood cells can be produced in the lymph nodes. Where else in the body are white blood cells made?
- BBone marrow
Bacteria cause illnesses and diseases and can be found on many surfaces.
Select one way of preventing the spread of bacteria.
- AWearing a coat when it is cold
- BSharing cups and utensils
- CWashing your hands frequently
- DGetting plenty of sleep