Worksheet: Fossil Fuels and Biofuels
In this worksheet, we will practice comparing the production, composition, advantages, and disadvantages of fossil fuels and biofuels.
Which of the following is not an accurate description of both biofuels and fossil fuels?
- AThey are extracted from deposits in the ground.
- BThey are burned to release energy.
- CThey release carbon dioxide into the atmosphere when burned.
- DThey require industrial processing before they become a useful fuel.
- EThey can be used to generate electricity or drive automobiles.
Which of the following is a major difference between biofuels and fossil fuels?
- ABiofuels do not release carbon dioxide when they burn, while fossil fuels do.
- BBiofuels release more energy than fossil fuels.
- CBiofuels are considered carbon neutral, while fossil fuels are not.
- DBiofuels are generally cheaper than fossil fuels.
- EBiofuels are biological in origin, while fossil fuels are inorganic.