Lesson Worksheet: Place Value of Numbers up to 1,000,000,000 Mathematics • 5th Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice defining place values in the millions; writing numbers with 7, 8, and 9 digits in standard, expanded, and word forms; stating the value of any digit; and decomposing numbers in multiple ways.
Find the equivalent to 650 hundreds.
- A6,500 thousands
- B6,500 millions
- C65 thousands
- D65,000 tens
- E65,000 thousands
What value does the 2 represent in the number 1,685,526?
What is the value of the digit 6 in the number 2,485,671?
Daniel copied down from a textbook that the population of the United States is 32,100,000, knowing that the population of the United States is three hundred and twenty-one million. What has he done wrong?
- AHe missed off a zero.
- BHe missed dividing by 100.
- CHe added an extra zero.
- DHe missed multiplying by 1,000.
- EHe missed dividing by 1,000.
Write 6 million, 145 thousand, and 987 in digits.
Which of the following expresses one million in digits?
Which of the following is equivalent to 5,753,123?
What is the value of the digit 2 in the number 1,200,696?
- A20 million
- B20 thousand
- C2 hundred thousand
- D2 thousand
- E2 million
Write the following in expanded form: seven million, two hundred forty-two thousand, six hundred thirteen.
What is the written form of ?
- ANine million eight hundred seventy-six thousand five hundred five
- BNine eight hundred seventy-six thousand five hundred forty-five
- CNine million eight hundred seventy thousand five hundred forty-five
- DNine million eight hundred seventy-six thousand five hundred forty-five
- ENine million eight hundred seventy-six thousand five hundred forty
Write down the number given in the figure in digits.
What is the place value of the 5 in the number 5,266,478?
- AHundred thousands
What is the value of the 4 represent in the number 23,780,641?
In which of the following numbers does the digit 2 represent a value of 2,000,000?