In this worksheet, we will practice defining the mole in terms of Avogadro's constant and converting the mass of a substance to a number of moles.
Sulfuric acid has a relative formula mass of 98 g/mol. What is the mass of 2.5 mol of sulfuric acid, to 3 significant figures?
Ammonia has a relative formula mass of 17. How many moles of ammonia molecules are there in 34 g of ammonia?
A 24 g sample of lithium hydride contains 3.0 moles of units. What is the relative formula mass of lithium hydride?
The mass of a substance , its relative formula mass , and the number of moles present can be related by a single formula. What is that formula?
How many moles of atoms are there in 12 g of carbon-12?
How is the atomic mass unit (u) defined?
- A1 u is equal to the mass of a neutron.
- B1 u is equal to th of the mass of a carbon-12 atom.
- C1 u is equal to the mass of a proton.
- D1 u is equal to the mass of a carbon-12 atom.
- E1 u is equal to the mass of a hydrogen-1 atom.
To 3 significant figures, how many atomic mass units (u) are there in one gram (g) of a substance?