In this worksheet, we will practice explaining how antibiotics can be used to treat bacterial infections.
What type of pathogen are antibiotics most commonly used to target?
Fill in the blanks: Antibiotics destroy pathogens, whereas painkillers help prevent the person feeling the .
- Aharmful, discomfort
- Bbacterial, pain
- Cfungal, inflammatory pain
- Dviral, chronic pain
Which scientist discovered penicillin after allowing mold to grow on his agar plates of bacteria?
Which of the following statements about antibiotics is incorrect?
- AAntibiotics are safe to use on humans because human cells do not have cell walls.
- BAntibiotics can only be used to treat bacterial infections.
- CAntibiotics are used to treat infections caused by a range of pathogens.
- DAntibiotics target bacteria by breaking down cell walls or interrupting essential processes.
Which of the following drugs is an example of an antibiotic?
- CBeta blockers