Lesson Worksheet: Converting Temperature: Celsius and Fahrenheit Mathematics
In this worksheet, we will practice how to convert between the temperature units Celsius and Fahrenheit.
Liam wants to compare the average temperatures in Los Angeles and London for January. He finds that the average temperature in Los Angeles is and in London . What is the difference in temperature in degrees Fahrenheit?
- ALos Angeles is warmer by an average of .
- BLos Angeles is colder by an average of .
- CLos Angeles is warmer by an average of .
- DLos Angeles is warmer by an average of .
- ELos Angeles is colder by an average of .
The given graph can be used to convert between Celsius and Fahrenheit. Use the graph to determine which is hotter, or .
To change a temperature given in degrees Celsius to degrees Fahrenheit, first multiply the Celsius temperature by 9, then divide the answer by 5, and then add 32 to the result. Given the shown table, determine the difference between the average monthly temperatures of January and June after converting them to degrees Fahrenheit.