This lesson includes 8 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Eukaryotic and Prokaryotic Cells Biology
In this worksheet, we will practice recalling the main sub-cellular structures of eukaryotic and prokaryotic cells, and relating these structures to their function.
Which of the following correctly defines a prokaryotic cell?
- AA cell that has no mitochondria
- BA cell that cannot reproduce on its own
- CA cell that does not have a membrane
- DA cell that does not have a membrane-bound nucleus
- EA cell that can move on its own
Which part of a plant cell is responsible for maintaining cell structure?
- ACell wall
- ECell membrane
Which of the following is the correct function of the cell membrane?
- AStoring the genetic material
- BMaintaining cell rigidity
- CAllowing substances to enter and leave the cell
- DProviding energy for cellular processes
- EProviding the site for protein synthesis
Which of the following is the correct function of ribosomes?
- AProviding energy for cellular processes
- BMaintaining cell structure and shape
- CStoring the genetic material
- DProviding the site for protein synthesis
- EAllowing substances to enter and leave the cell
What part of a eukaryotic cell stores the genetic material?
- DCell membrane
The diagram provided shows a basic animal cell.
What organelle is represented by label 1?
- BCell membrane
What organelle is represented by label 2?
- ACell membrane
What organelle is represented by label 3?
- ECell membrane
Which of the following best describes how mitochondria are adapted for their function?
- AMitochondria contain enzymes that catalyze respiration to create energy.
- BMitochondria are the site of photosynthesis.
- CMitochondria contain a large number of chloroplasts.
- DMitochondria are the powerhouse of the cell.
- EMitochondria contain stores of glucose, which is used in respiration.
Where is most of the genetic material contained in a prokaryotic cell?
- BPlasmid DNA
- EChromosomal/DNA loop
Which of the following subcellular structures is commonly used by prokaryotic cells for movement?
- CCell membrane
- EChromosomal loop
What key term applies to a cell membrane that allows some substances through, but not others?
- BPartially permeable
- CSelectively open
- DProtein channel
- EPartially selective