This lesson includes 50 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Methods of Asexual Reproduction Biology
In this worksheet, we will practice distinguishing between asexual and sexual reproduction and describing different ways that organisms asexually reproduce.
Which plant characteristic allows large numbers of clones to be produced by tissue culture?
- APlants use a variety of methods, such as wind and insects, to promote pollination.
- BPlants can produce large numbers of seeds at one time that can be dispersed over a large area.
- CPlants are able to grow structures such as bulbs and runners that form identical offspring.
- DPlant cells can be stimulated to grow and differentiate to form a complete organism.
- EPlants can switch between asexual and sexual reproduction depending on the environmental conditions.
What process can occur after applying an electric shock to unfertilized starfish eggs?
- BBinary fission
How does asexual reproduction in yeast differ from asexual reproduction in bacteria?
- AIn yeast, the process generates multicellular offspring.
- BIn yeast, daughter cells are formed by parthenogenesis.
- CIn yeast, there is no growth and separation of a cell wall.
- DIn yeast, the daughter cell forms from a small outgrowth in the original cell.
- EIn yeast, mitosis does not occur during the fission process.
Which organism reproduces by binary fission?