Worksheet: Land Habitats
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying different land-based habitats and some of the creatures that inhabit them.
What is a habitat?
- AThe surroundings where a person lives or works
- BA nest or shelter built by an animal to protect its young
- CThe place or environment where a plant or animal naturally lives
- DSomething you do that is bad for you, like biting your nails
In which habitat would you find squirrels, toadstools, raccoons, and owls?
- BRain forest
- DPolar ice
There are no trees in Antarctica. Why is that?
- APenguins cannot climb trees.
- BTheir roots cannot grow in the snow.
- CThe polar bears eat them all.
- DThere is no sunshine there to help trees grow.
What is the name of this plant that grows in the rain forest?
Hint: Its beans are used to make chocolate.
- ACoffee plant
- BPassion fruit
- CCacao plant
- DVanilla plant