This lesson includes 9 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Land Habitats Science
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying different land-based habitats and understand their importance for living things.
What is a habitat?
- AA nest or shelter built by an animal to protect its young
- BThe surroundings where a person lives or works
- CThe place or environment where a plant or animal naturally lives
- DSomething you do that is bad for you, like biting your nails
In which habitat would you find squirrels, toadstools, raccoons, and owls?
- CPolar ice
- DRain forest
There are no trees in Antarctica. Why is that?
- AThe polar bears eat them all.
- BThere is no sunshine there to help trees grow.
- CTheir roots cannot grow in the snow.
- DPenguins cannot climb trees.
Name a plant that lives in a hot desert habitat.
- APine tree
The image shows the different habitats found on land.
Name the habitat where a penguin lives.
- CPolar ice
In which habitat would you find a brown bear?
- AConiferous forest
- BTropical rain forest
- CDeciduous forest
- DTemperate grassland
Can you guess the name of the hidden animal that lives in the rain forest?
I am a very large snake. I sleep all day and hunt all night. I catch prey with my teeth, constrict (squeeze) them, and then eat them.
My skin is usually brown and black.
What am I?
- ABoa constrictor
- CEmerald tree frog
- DGreen mamba
Thousands of species of plants live in the rain forests around the world.
Why is the rain forest a great place for plants to live?
- ABecause the climate is cold and dry.
- BBecause the climate is hot and dry.
- CBecause the climate is hot and wet.
- DBecause the climate is cold and wet.
Why do very few plants survive in hot desert habitats?
- AIt rains too much.
- BThe raccoons eat them all.
- CThere is very little rainfall.
- DIt is too cold.
Which of the animals listed would you expect to find living in a savanna?
- BHammerhead shark
The picture shows a habitat that is close to the equator. It is hot and wet.
What habitat is this?
- BHot desert
- CConiferous forest