Worksheet: Polar Bonds and Polar Molecules
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying polar bonds and molecules based on the differences in electronegativity of the elements involved.
How can a molecule that contains polar bonds be nonpolar?
- AIf the dipoles of the polar bonds are arranged such that they cancel each other out in the sum for the total dipole moment
- BIf there is hydrogen bonding
- CMolecules with polar bonds will always be polar overall.
- DIf there is another polar bond somewhere in the molecule, pointing in the opposite direction
- EIf the molecule has mirror symmetry