Worksheet: Properties of Parallelograms
In this worksheet, we will practice using the properties of parallelograms to solve problems.
Is the following statement true or false? In a parallelogram, opposite sides are parallel and equal in length.
Determine whether this statement is true or false: All parallelograms are regular polygons.
Which of the following statements correctly describes a property of the given shape?
- AIt is equilateral.
- BIt contains 2 pairs of perpendicular sides.
- CIt has 4 angles equal in measure.
- DIt contains 2 pairs of parallel sides.
- EIt has 2 sets of perpendicular and parallel sides.
Find the lengths of and .
- A ,
- B ,
- C ,
- D ,
Given that is a parallelogram and , find .
In the figure below, given that is a parallelogram, find .
is a parallelogram such that , , and . Determine the coordinates of vertex .
Which of the following statements must be true about a parallelogram?
- AIt has four right angles.
- BIt has four sides of equal length.
- CIt has one pair of parallel sides.
- DIt has two pairs of parallel opposite sides.
- EIt has four congruent sides.
What is the sum of the measures of any two consecutive angles in a parallelogram?
In the following figure is a parallelogram. What is the measure of ?
In the figure, and are parallelograms. Find .
Given that is a parallelogram, find the area of triangle .
is a parallelogram, where the coordinates of the points , , and are , , and , respectively. Find the coordinates of the vertex .
In the figure shown, , , and . Determine and .
- A ,
- B ,
- C ,
- D ,
In parallelogram , suppose . What is ?
Given that is a parallelogram, find .
In parallelogram , suppose and . How are the lengths and related?
How many altitudes are there in a parallelogram?
Which of the following are a base and its corresponding altitude in the given parallelogram?
- A base: , altitude:
- B base: , altitude:
- C base: , altitude:
- D base: , altitude:
Which of the following statements is not true?
- A Squares have four congruent angles and sides.
- B Opposite sides in a parallelogram are parallel.
- C Rhombuses have four congruent sides.
- D Parallelograms have exactly one pair of parallel sides.
- E Rectangles have four right angles.
Is the following statement true or false? In a parallelogram, there is a pair of opposite sides that do not have to be parallel.