Worksheet: Properties of Parallelograms
In this worksheet, we will practice determining whether a quadrilateral is a parallelogram or not and using the properties of parallelograms to find unknown angles or lengths.
Is the following statement true or false? In a parallelogram, opposite sides are parallel and equal in length.
Determine whether this statement is true or false: All parallelograms are regular polygons.
Which of the following statements correctly describes a property of the given shape?
- AIt is equilateral.
- BIt contains 2 pairs of perpendicular sides.
- CIt has 4 angles equal in measure.
- DIt has 2 sets of perpendicular and parallel sides.
- EIt contains 2 pairs of parallel sides.
is a parallelogram such that , , and . Determine the coordinates of vertex .
What is the sum of the measures of any two consecutive angles in a parallelogram?
In parallelogram , suppose . What is ?
Given that is a parallelogram, find .
In parallelogram , suppose and . How are the lengths and related?
How many altitudes are there in a parallelogram?
Which of the following are a base and its corresponding altitude in the given parallelogram?
- Abase: , altitude:
- Bbase: , altitude:
- Cbase: , altitude:
- Dbase: , altitude:
Which of the following statements is not true?
- AOpposite sides in a parallelogram are parallel.
- BRhombuses have four congruent sides.
- CParallelograms have exactly one pair of parallel sides.
- DSquares have four congruent angles and sides.
- ERectangles have four right angles.
Is the following statement true or false? In a parallelogram, there is a pair of opposite sides that do not have to be parallel.