This lesson includes 16 additional questions and 77 additional question variations for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Properties of Alkenes Chemistry
In this worksheet, we will practice writing and interpreting the names and formulas of alkenes and describing trends in properties, such as melting points.
What is the name of the alkene with the molecular formula ?
What is the general formula for an alkene with a single carbon–carbon double bond?
Which of the following is the structural formula of an alkene?
Which of the following is not a structural formula of an alkene?
In which of the following phases can alkenes exist at room temperature?
- ASolids and gases
- BLiquids and gases
- CSolids, liquids, and gases
- DSolids and liquids
Which of the following is not a property of ethene?
- CLiquid at room temperature
- DSoluble in nonpolar solvents
Which of the following statements describes why propene is unsaturated?
- ASingle bonds exist between each of the carbon atoms.
- BA double bond exists between two of the carbon atoms.
- CEach hydrogen atom is connected to a carbon atom.
- DPropene consists of carbon and hydrogen atoms.
- EDouble bonds exist between each of the carbon atoms.