Worksheet: Ratio Among Three Numbers
In this worksheet, we will practice simplifying and using the ratio between three numbers to solve problems.
Express the ratio in its simplest form.
Determine the ratio of the quantities in its simplest form.
If and , then express the ratio in its simplest numeric form.
Complete the following putting the ratio in its simplest form: .
- A16, 25
- B50, 125
- C50, 25
- D16, 10
Three factories manufacture identical products in the ratio . The third factory makes 924 more products than the first factory in one month. How many products does each factory make that month?
- AFirst factory , second factory , third factory
- BFirst factory , second factory , third factory
- CFirst factory , second factory , third factory
- DFirst factory , second factory , third factory
Some money is shared between Jennifer, Michael and Daniel in the ratio . Jennifer’s share exceeds Daniel’s share by 875 LE. How much money do each of them receive?
- AJennifer = 14,100 LE, Michael = 2,725 LE, Daniel = 13,225 LE
- BJennifer = 451 LE, Michael = 145 LE, Daniel = 729 LE
- CJennifer = 14,000 LE, Michael = 2,625 LE, Daniel = 13,125 LE
- DJennifer = 411 LE, Michael = 77 LE, Daniel = 386 LE
The weights of three containers are in the ratio . The weight of the second container is 58 kg. Calculate the weights of the first and third containers.
- Afirst weight = 79 kg, third weight = 74 kg
- Bfirst weight = 116 kg, third weight = 16 kg
- Cfirst weight = 406 kg, third weight = 203 kg
- Dfirst weight = 29 kg, third weight = 8 kg
The side lengths of a triangle are in the ratio . Given that the triangle’s perimeter is 11, find the length of the shortest side.
The ratio between the heights of three buildings A, B, and C is . If the height of building A is 60 meters, find the heights of building B and building C.
- Aheight of building B = 4 m , height of building C = 3 m
- Bheight of building B = 40 m , height of building C = 30 m
- Cheight of building B = 24 m , height of building C = 18 m
- Dheight of building B = 24 m , height of building C = 45 m
If , find .
Daniel, Noah, and Ethan saved 162 LE, 144 LE, and 108 LE respectively. Find the ratio of Daniel’s savings to those of Noah to those of Ethan.
The ratio of the prices of a television, an oven and a fridge is respectively. Given that the television costs 7 540 LE, calculate the prices of the oven and the fridge.
- Athe price of the oven =11 310 LE, the price of the fridge =26 390 LE
- Bthe price of the oven =7 543 LE, the price of the fridge =7 547 LE
- Cthe price of the oven =5 026 LE, the price of the fridge =2 154 LE
- Dthe price of the oven =7 539 LE, the price of the fridge =7 535 LE
Three people start a company and decide to share the profits in the same ratio as their investments in the company. Chloe invested of the amount that Olivia invested. Anthony invested twice the amount that Chloe invested. At the end of the first year the total profit is 45,210 LE. Calculate each person’s share of this profit.
- AChloe =5,319 LE, Olivia =13,297 LE, Anthony =26,594 LE
- BChloe =10,047 LE, Olivia =25,117 LE, Anthony =10,047 LE
- CChloe =13,563 LE, Olivia =22,605 LE, Anthony =9,042 LE
- DChloe =8,220 LE, Olivia =20,550 LE, Anthony =16,440 LE
A man has three sticks. The length of the first stick is 2.4 m, the length of the second is 2.1 m, and the length of the third is 1.5 m. Find the ratio between their lengths, respectively, in its simplest form.
A business makes 75,000 LE profit in its first year. Daniel worked there for the whole year. Michael joined later in the year, missing the first 5 months. Anthony also joined later in the year, missing the first 9 months. They agreed to share the profits in the ratio of the number of months each was working for the business. What share of the profits did each person get?
- ADaniel’s share =39,651 LE, Michael’s share =16,521 LE, Anthony’s share =29,738 LE
- BDaniel’s share =46,860 LE, Michael’s share =27,335 LE, Anthony’s share =11,715 LE
- CDaniel’s share =42,955 LE, Michael’s share =15,341 LE, Anthony’s share =27,614 LE
- DDaniel’s share =5,727 LE, Michael’s share =28,637 LE, Anthony’s share =51,546 LE
Three people started a company and decided to share the profits and losses in the same ratio as their investments in the company. The first invested 410,000 LE, the second invested 310,000 LE, and the third invested of the sum of the investments of the other two. During the first year the company made a loss of 110,000 LE, which was proportionally deducted from each person’s investment. How much money did each person have left in their investment after the deductions?
- Athe first person: 56,375 LE, the second person: 42,625 LE, the third person: 591,000 LE
- Bthe first person: 466,375 LE, the second person: 352,625 LE, the third person: 91,000 LE
- Cthe first person: 353,625 LE, the second person: 267,375 LE, the third person: 69,000 LE
- Dthe first person: 378,681 LE, the second person: 286,319 LE, the third person: 665,000 LE
In a basket of fruit, the ratio of the weight of guavas to the weight of bananas is . The ratio of the weight of bananas to the weight of apples is . What is the ratio of the weights of guavas, bananas and apples in its simplest form?
Ethan has of the amount of money that Liam has. Daniel has of the amount of money that Liam has. What is the ratio of Ethan’s moneyLiam’s moneyDaniel’s money in its simplest form?
Three people invested money in a business and decided to share the profits in the same ratio as their investments. The first invested 51,000 LE, the second invested 45,000 LE, and the third invested half the sum of the other two’s investments. After one year the profit of 72,000 LE was shared out. How much profit did each person receive?
- Afirst person’s share =12,750 LE, second person’s share =11,250 LE, third person’s share =48,000 LE
- Bfirst person’s share =38,250 LE, second person’s share =33,750 LE, third person’s share =36,000 LE
- Cfirst person’s share =25,500 LE, second person’s share =22,500 LE, third person’s share =24,000 LE
- Dfirst person’s share =19,125 LE, second person’s share =16,875 LE, third person’s share =36,000 LE
Ethan, Jacob and Liam started a business together. The first year’s profit was 148,000 LE. Ethan was given of this profit as payment for his management work. The rest of the profit was distributed between them in the ratio . How much did each of them receive in total?
- AEthan: 54,267 LE, Jacob: 29,600 LE, Liam: 78,933 LE
- BEthan: 50,320 LE, Jacob: 26,640 LE, Liam: 71,040 LE
- CEthan: 39,467 LE, Jacob: 29,600 LE, Liam: 78,933 LE
- DEthan: 35,520 LE, Jacob: 26,640 LE, Liam: 71,040 LE
Three people opened a new restaurant; the first invested 10,000 LE, the second invested 50,000 LE, and the third invested 95,000 LE. At the end of the first year, the restaurant lost 3,534 LE which was deducted from the capital. Calculate the capital of each person at the beginning of the second year.
- Acapital of the first =13,534 LE, capital of the second =53,534 LE, capital of the third =98,534 LE
- Bcapital of the first =6,466 LE, capital of the second =46,466 LE, capital of the third =91,466 LE
- Ccapital of the first =9,772 LE, capital of the second =48,860 LE, capital of the third =92,834 LE
- Dcapital of the first =228 LE, capital of the second =1,140 LE, capital of the third =2,166 LE
- Ecapital of the first =10,228 LE, capital of the second =51,140 LE, capital of the third =97,166 LE
Which of the following ratios is equivalent to 4 : 9 : 12?
- A2 : 4.5 : 6
- B2 : 7 : 10
- C6 : 11 : 14
- D2 : 3 : 4
- E8 : 27 : 36