Worksheet: Noncontact Forces
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying noncontact forces and the effects they can have on an object.
Choose the word to finish the sentence: Forces that can act on an object without touching it are known as forces.
A noncontact force acts on an object without touching it.
Which of the following is an example of a noncontact force in action?
- AThe Moon orbiting Earth.
- BA book laid on top of a desk.
- CA boat floating on water.
The ends of a magnet are called poles. When like poles are placed opposite to each other, as shown in the diagram, the magnets repel. What is happening to the magnets?
- AThe magnets are pulling toward each other.
- BThe magnets are pushing against each other.
- CThe magnets are not moving.
Magnets can move paper clips without touching them.
Name the force that pulls the paper clips toward the magnet.
Which noncontact force is pulling the ball and the feather down to the floor?