Lesson Worksheet: Measures of Central Tendency Mathematics
In this worksheet, we will practice finding the measures of central tendency like the mean, median, and mode.
The data set shows the number of tomatoes growing on each tomato plant in a garden.
Find the median of the data.
Calculate the mean of the data, giving your answer correct to the nearest integer.
Find the mode of the data.
Determine the mean, median, and mode for the given data.
- Amean12, median12, mode15.
- Bmean14, median10, mode18.
- Cmean12, median14, mode18.
- Dmean12, median12, mode18.
Two values are missing from the data set . Given that the mode is 88, the mean is 55, and the data is listed from least to greatest, find the missing values.
- A57, 89
- B88, 89
- C89, 89
- D57, 33
- E57, 88
Given that the mean of the values is 11, find the value of .
The table shows the average April rainfall, in inches, for 12 cities. If another city, with the value 2.1, is added to this list, which of the following would be true?
- AThe mean would decrease.
- BThe mode would decrease.
- CThe median would increase.
- DThe mean would increase.
Last month, Daniel scored 82, 61, 86, and 82 in his English quizzes. If his lowest score was to be dropped, which of the following would increase?
A small company makes and sells cakes. There are 11 employees (including the owner) in the company whose salaries are given in the table below.
|Employee||Store Person||Mixer 1||Mixer 2||Baker 1||Baker 2||Head Baker||Icer 1||Icer 2||Salesperson||Finance Director||Owner|
|Salary ($ per Year)||$15 000$||$16 500$||$16 500$||$17 500$||$17 500$||$20 000$||$18 500$||$18 500$||$19 000$||$75 000$||$90 000$|
Find the mean, median, and mode for the data of the salaries and determine which is the most appropriate measure of central tendency.
- AMean = 29 455, median = 18 500, modes = 16 500, 17 500, 18 500; the most appropriate measure of central tendency is the mean.
- BMean = 23 318, median = 18 500, modes = 16 500, 17 500, 18 500; the most appropriate measure of central tendency is the median.
- CMean = 29 455, median = 20 000, modes = 16 500, 17 500, 18 500; the most appropriate measure of central tendency is the median.
- DMean = 29 455, median = 18 500, modes = 16 500, 17 500, 18 500; the most appropriate measure of central tendency is the median.
Liam wants to know the most popular age at which to ride on a particular roller coaster in a theme park. Should he calculate the mean, median, or modal age of the riders?
- AModal age
- BMean age
- CMedian age
The table shows students’ math test scores.
Work out an estimation for the mean of the scores.
Jennifer works in a call center. She records the duration of each call in the following table.
Find the modal class for the duration of the calls.
Estimate the mean of the duration of the calls. Give your answer to one decimal place.
Find the median class for the duration of the calls.