Lesson Worksheet: All Mixed Up Mathematics
In this worksheet, we will practice defining and identifying improper fractions and mixed numbers and converting them.
Is the fraction improper?
The numerator of an improper fraction is .
- Aless than its denominator
- Bless than or equal to its denominator
- Cgreater than or equal to its denominator
- Dgreater than its denominator
A mixed number has two parts. The first part is a whole number, what is the second part?
- Aa proper fraction
- Ban improper fraction
Is a proper fraction, an improper fraction, or a mixed number?
- Aproper fraction
- Bimproper fraction
- Cmixed number
Shady uses the digit cards showing 3 and 8 to make a fraction.
Which of the following explains why Shady is wrong?
- AIt does not matter where you put the 8 and the 3; both fractions mean the same thing.
- BThe larger number is always the numerator.
- C is a fraction with a value greater than one.
Find the missing digit in to get an improper fraction.
Choose the improper fraction.
Every improper fraction is .
- Aless than every proper fraction
- Bgreater than every proper fraction
Choose the mixed number.
Any improper fraction is than 1.