Lesson Worksheet: Dividing Three-Digit Numbers by Two-Digit Numbers: Long Divison with Remainders Mathematics • 5th Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice using long division to divide three-digit numbers by two-digit numbers in calculations where there is a remainder.
A box contains 339 balls that need to be distributed equally in 37 bags. Calculate the number of balls each bag will have and the number of undistributed balls.
- AThe number of balls in each bag is 9 and the number of undistributed balls is 8.
- BThe number of balls in each bag is 9 and the number of undistributed balls is 7.
- CThe number of balls in each bag is 9 and the number of undistributed balls is 6.
- DThe number of balls in each bag is 302 and the number of undistributed balls is 8.
- EThe number of balls in each bag is 376 and the number of undistributed balls is 8.
Use the given area model to find .
- A30 R4
- B6 R34
- C34 R20
- D26 R4
- E34 R6
Find the result.
- A32 R6
- C32 R5
- D33 R6
Find the missing number in the given area model that is used to find .
What is the final result of ?
- A34 R6
- C5 R34
- D35 R4
- E34 R5
Find the remainder of the following:
A soap factory has received an order for 474 bars of soap. They package the soap into boxes, each of which can hold 45 bars of soap. Will all the boxes be full?
A person has 460 LE and wants to buy a pair of shoes and some shirts. Given that the price of the pair of shoes is 75 LE, and the price of one shirt is 50 LE, determine the maximum number of shirts the person can buy.
A teacher buys 126 cards. He wants to distribute them equally among 25 students. How many cards will each student take? Will any cards remain with the teacher after he has given all students their cards?
- A4, no
- B4, yes
- C5, no
- D5, yes