In this worksheet, we will practice describing thin-layer chromatography methods, selecting mobile phases and methods for staining or detecting fractions.
When separating a solid mixture by thin-layer chromatography, which of the following steps is not required?
- AThe base of the upright plate is immersed in an organic solvent.
- BThe solid is dissolved in an organic solvent.
- CA spot of solution is applied to the plate.
- DMovement of the solvent front is accurately timed.
- EMovement of the solute spots is accurately measured.