This lesson includes 9 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Energy, Particle, and Changing State of Matter Science
In this worksheet, we will practice describing changes in particles and energy during the changes in states of matter.
When a liquid is cooled down, what will happen to its particles?
- AThe particles will move faster and move apart from each other.
- BThe particles will move slower and become tightly packed.
- CThe particles will stay the same.
Fill in the blank: The particles in evaporating water .
- Aslide past each other
- Bspread apart
- Cmove slowly
- Dmove together
Amelia put a small amount of water in a cup and left it in warm sunshine. After two days, the water disappeared. She explained what happened to the water particles.
Fill in the blanks: The water particles energy, and the particles move , so the water .
- Again, faster, evaporates
- Bgain, faster, condenses
- Close, slower, condenses
- Dlose, slower, evaporates
What happens to the energy of ice particles when an ice cube sits out on a counter and melts?
- AThe energy of the ice particles decreases.
- BThe energy of the ice particles increases.
- CThe energy of the ice particles neither increases nor decreases.
Fill in the blank: As energy in matter , the particle motion slows down.
- Ais added
- Bis removed
- Cremains the same
Select the image that represents melting.
When the temperature of a liquid increases, what will happen to its particles?
- AThe particles will move faster and away from each other, changing the liquid into a gas.
- BThe particles will stay as they are.
- CThe particles will move slower and become tightly packed, changing the liquid into a solid.
If a cup of hot coffee is put on a table to cool down, what will happen to the coffee particles?
- AThe particles will move at the same speed.
- BThe particles will move slower and closer to each other.
- CThe particles will move faster and away from each other.
Fill in the blank: The particles in matter as energy is added.
- Amove slower
- Bdo not move
- Cmove quicker
- Dmove close together
The figure represents freezing.
Select the suitable square to replace the letter A to complete the figure.