In this worksheet, we will practice describing the consequences of climate change and identifying factors responsible for greenhouse gas emissions.
When is released into the atmosphere, it behaves as a greenhouse gas, keeping heat inside the atmosphere. Which of the following is not a consequence of a warmer atmosphere?
- AMore frequent heatwaves
- BPolar ice caps melting at an increased rate
- CMore atmospheric water vapor, another greenhouse gas
- DAir too thin to breathe
- EMore intense storms
Which of the following gases is not considered a greenhouse gas?
Which of the following is definitely an example of climate change?
- AAn increase in snowfall over 3 successive winters
- BHeavy rainfall after a heatwave lasting 2 weeks
- CA drop in average global wind speeds over 6 months
- DAn increase in the average global temperature of 2℃ over 20 years
- EA drop in the average daily light level over 6 months
The graph below shows the global average concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at sea level since January 2000.
In which year did the level first exceed 400 ppm?
By drawing a line of best fit through the data, determine the predicted level of in the atmosphere at the start of 2020, to the nearest 10 ppm.