Worksheet: Climate Change
In this worksheet, we will practice describing the consequences of climate change and identifying factors responsible for greenhouse gas emissions.
When is released into the atmosphere, it behaves as a greenhouse gas, keeping heat inside the atmosphere. Which of the following is not a consequence of a warmer atmosphere?
- APolar ice caps melting at an increased rate
- BMore atmospheric water vapor, another greenhouse gas
- CMore intense storms
- DAir too thin to breathe
- EMore frequent heatwaves
Which of the following gases is not considered a greenhouse gas?
Which of the following is definitely an example of climate change?
- AA drop in average global wind speeds over 6 months
- BAn increase in the average global temperature of over 20 years
- CAn increase in snowfall over 3 successive winters
- DA drop in the average daily light level over 6 months
- EHeavy rainfall after a heatwave lasting 2 weeks
The graph below shows the global average concentration of carbon dioxide in the atmosphere at sea level since January 2000.
In which year did the level first exceed 400 ppm?
By drawing a line of best fit through the data, determine the predicted level of in the atmosphere at the start of 2020, to the nearest 10 ppm.