Worksheet: Logarithmic Functions
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying, writing, and evaluating a logarithmic function as an inverse of the exponential function.
The function has an inverse of the form . Determine the values of and .
Consider the function . Find the value of .
If is the inverse of the function , find .
The magnitude of an earthquake on the Richter scale is given by , where is the intensity of the earthquake and is a fixed reference intensity. What is the approximate intensity of an earthquake with a magnitude of 4.4 on the Richter scale?
- A2,720,000 times the reference intensity
- B25,000 times the reference intensity
- C1,585 times the reference intensity
- D2,512 times the reference intensity
- E620,000 times the reference intensity
The pH of a solution is given by the formula , where is the concentration of hydrogen ions. Determine the pH of a solution whose concentration of hydrogen ions is .