Lesson Worksheet: Dividing by 8 Mathematics • 3rd Grade
In this worksheet, we will practice using various strategies to divide by 8 within the known times tables up to 12×8, including using models and times table facts.
Use the number line to calculate .
Fill in the blank: If , then .
Sophia bought 24 donuts and wants to put them into boxes so that each box contains 8 donuts.
Use the diagram to find how many boxes she will need.
Ethan reached 32 after counting up by 8s four times. So, he understood that .
Follow Ethan’s method of counting up by 8s to find the result of .
Fill in the following division table, starting from the left.
- A9, 8, 7
- B8, 7, 6
- C6, 7, 8
- D7, 8, 9
Find the result of .
Apples are packed in bags of 8. To find the number of bags needed for 56 apples, we use division.
Pick another problem whose answer is .
- AFind the total number of balls when 7 balls are put all together with 8 balls.
- BFind the number of boxes when 56 balls are put into boxes of 7.
- CFind the number of bags when 56 pears are put into bags of 7.
- DFind the number of teams when 56 children are put into teams of 8.
- EFind the number of students when 8 students are absent out of 56.