Worksheet: The Multiplication Symbol
In this worksheet, we will practice using the multiplication symbol to write multiplication expressions and link them to models and addition expressions.
There are 5 bananas in one bunch.
is the total number of bananas in bunches.
William is baking pies. He wants to make pies.
Pick one way he could do this.
- A6 trays with 8 pies on each tray
- BA tray of 6 pies and another of 8 pies
Which of these can we read as “2 groups of 8 objects”?
Which of the following is the multiplication sign?
Elizabeth bought 4 boxes of cookies. Each box contains the same number of cookies.
She tells you that she bought cookies.
How many cookies are in each box?
Jacob has 5 cars and each car has 4 wheels.
So, there are wheels in total.
How many wheels are there?
Pick a different story where the total number of objects is also .
- AThere are 5 flowers and each flower has 4 petals.
- BThere are 5 flowers and each flower has 5 petals.
- CThere are 4 flowers and each flower has 4 petals.
Pick the picture where the total number of dots is .