In this worksheet, we will practice describing the applications of radioisotopes and explaining the importance of decay rate and penetrating power.
The dissolution or precipitation of silver(I) chloride in water is an equilibrium process: How could radioactive nuclides be used to show that this reaction is a dynamic equilibrium?
- AA radioactive sample of becomes less radioactive when stored in water.
- BAqueous unstable and ions precipitate from a hot aqueous solution to form non-radioactive .
- CThe apparent half-life of a radioactive sample of increases when it is exposed to aqueous unstable or ions.
- DA non-radioactive sample of becomes more radioactive when exposed to aqueous unstable or ions.
- EA non-radioactive sample of becomes more soluble when exposed to aqueous unstable or ions.