Worksheet: Hydrostatic Pressure
In this worksheet, we will practice calculating the hydrostatic pressure acting at a given depth of liquid from the density and strength of gravity.
Which of the following is the best general definition of hydrostatic pressure?
- AThe buoyant force due to a difference in density between a suspended solid and the surrounding fluid
- BThe average pressure exerted by a moving fluid on the walls of its container
- CThe pressure exerted by a fluid on a point within or on the boundary of the fluid
- DThe internal stress on a suspended object at the lowest point in the surrounding fluid
- EThe total weight of a fluid
Which of the following is the correct expression for hydrostatic pressure?
- : hydrostatic pressure
- : height of the liquid
- : density of the liquid
- : acceleration due to gravity