In this worksheet, we will practice classifying polygons as convex or concave.
Consider convex polygons.
Select the definition of a convex polygon.
- AA polygon is convex if it contains one or more interior angles less than .
- BA polygon is convex if it contains one or more interior angles greater than .
- CA polygon is convex if some of its vertices point “inward,” toward the center.
- DA polygon is convex if all of the line segments drawn between two points, on or inside the polygon, are contained within the polygon.
Which of these properties is true of a convex polygon?
- ASome of its internal angles are less than 180 degrees.
- B Some of the diagonals of a convex polygon will lie outside the polygon.
- CA line drawn through a convex polygon, depending on exactly where you draw it, can intersect the polygon in more than two places.
- DAll of its internal angles are at most 180 degrees.