In this worksheet, we will practice identifying common features of chromatograms, including solvent fronts and tailing and fronting effects.
Which of the following does the void peak in a chromatogram correspond to?
- AThe peak that arises from the mobile phase only
- BComponents that had no interaction with the mobile phase
- CThe peak that arises from poor selection of a stationary phase
- DAll peaks after the first peak in the chromatogram
- EComponents that had no interaction with the stationary phase