Worksheet: Accuracy, Precision, and Repeatability
In this worksheet, we will practice distinguishing between and describing the accuracy of measurements and their precision and repeatability.
The concentration of a solution is known to be 0.101 M. A student determines the concentration to be 0.088 M, 0.087 M, and 0.089 M for each titration performed. Which of the following best describes these results?
- AThe results are neither accurate nor precise.
- BThe results are accurate but not precise.
- CThe results are both accurate and precise.
- DThe results are precise but not accurate.
- ENot enough information is given to determine accuracy or precision.
Which of the following data sets is the most precise?
- A 12.4 g, 15.0 g, 13.9 g
- B 13.2 g, 13.2 g, 13.4 g
- C 22.6 g, 22.6 g, 36.8 g
- D 12.1 g, 12.2 g, 12.1 g
- E 16.7 g, 16.8 g, 16.9 g