Worksheet: Geometric Constructions: Perpendicular Lines
In this worksheet, we will practice constructing perpendicular bisectors and perpendicular lines from points outside straight lines.
Draw any line segment from a point to a point and bisect it at the point . From , draw a line perpendicular to to a point . What can you say about the lengths of and ?
What does the following figure illustrate?
- Aa bisector of a line segment
- Ba straight line parallel to another line
- Ca perpendicular to a straight line originating from it
- Da perpendicular from a point lying outside a straight line
- Ea bisector of an angle
What construction is illustrated below?
- Aan angle congruent to another angle
- Ba perpendicular from a point lying outside a straight line
- Ca bisector of a line segment
- Da bisector of an angle
- Ea straight line parallel to another line