Worksheet: Surface Tension
In this worksheet, we will practice defining surface tension as a force exerted to expand a surface and calculating surface tensions for model systems.
In which of the following sequences are the compounds arranged in order of decreasing surface tension?
- AWater > diethyl ether > 1-propanol > ethanol
- B1-Propanol > ethanol > water > diethyl ether
- C1-Propanol > diethyl ether > ethanol > water
- DWater > 1-propanol > ethanol > diethyl ether
- EEthanol > 1-propanol > water > diethyl ether