Worksheet: Water Purification
In this worksheet, we will practice describing methods of water purification and explore their advantages, limitations, and common applications.
Which of the following is not a source of fresh water?
When preparing potable water from freshwater sources, the water is first passed through a coarse screen. What is the purpose of this screen?
- ATo help oxygen dissolve in the water
- BTo neutralize acid in the water
- CTo catalyze the breakdown of contaminants
- DTo mix the water thoroughly
- ETo removed large objects from the water