Worksheet: Water Purification
In this worksheet, we will practice describing methods of water purification and explore their advantages, limitations, and common applications.
Which of the following is not a source of fresh water?
- A Rivers
- B Rainwater
- C Lakes
- D Oceans
When preparing potable water from freshwater sources, the water is first passed through a coarse screen. What is the purpose of this screen?
- ATo mix the water thoroughly
- BTo catalyze the breakdown of contaminants
- CTo help oxygen dissolve in the water
- DTo removed large objects from the water
- ETo neutralize acid in the water