Worksheet: Maximum and Percentage Yields
In this worksheet, we will practice calculating the percentage yield of a reaction from the chemical equation and the mass or concentration of product.
A freshly cut piece of strontium metal is left to oxidize completely in dry air. Its final mass is 5.95 g. What was the mass of the strontium metal?
After weighing the solid product of their reaction, a student finds that their calculated yield is over 100%. Which of the following is not a potential cause?
- AThe balance was not properly tared.
- BThe product has not been completely dried.
- CThe reaction generated other solid products.
- DThe molar mass of the product is lower than calculated.
- EThe reactant was not accurately weighed.