Lesson Worksheet: The Coordinate Plane Mathematics
In this worksheet, we will practice finding the x- and y-coordinates of a point in any of the four quadrants and representing a point in the coordinate plane given its coordinates.
Use , , or to complete the following: If the point lies in the third quadrant, then .
Which of the points below is inside the circle?
Which point is ?
Abeer used this graph to show the number of points she scored in each of 7 rounds of a board game.
Which of the following statements represents the meaning of point ?
- AShe gained 3 points in the 2nd round.
- BShe gained 3 points in the 3rd round.
- CShe gained 2 points in the 3rd round.
- DShe lost 3 points in the 2nd round.
- EShe lost 2 points in the 3rd round.
Express the coordinates that represent point , and then identify the quadrant it lies in.
- A, second quadrant
- B, none
- C, fourth quadrant
- D, none
- E, first quadrant
A teacher plotted these points on the graph. Determine the -coordinate of the point whose -coordinate is .
Which axis does the point lie on?
In which of these coordinate planes are the axes labeled correctly?
- ABoth are correct.
What are the signs of the - and -coordinates of any point belonging to the quadrant shaded in the figure below?
- A-coordinate: negative; -coordinate: positive
- B-coordinate: positive; -coordinate: positive
- C-coordinate: positive; -coordinate: negative
- D-coordinate: negative; -coordinate: negative
True or False: There are 3 quadrants in the coordinate plane.