This lesson includes 44 additional questions for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: Excretion in Plants Biology
In this worksheet, we will practice describing the processes by which plants excrete substances and outlining how some waste products can be reused by the plant.
What substance is excreted from the stomata of the leaves during transpiration?
- DNitrogenous waste
Complete the following statement: Waste products like organic salts can be stored as in plant cells.
- Asoluble solutions
- Bwater vapor
- Cinsoluble crystals
- Dunbranched cellulose
- Esaturated carbohydrates
Complete the statement to describe one form of waste removal in plants: Waste products can be stored in the of a plant, which can then drop off when no longer required.
Plants, like most living organisms, respire. Carbon dioxide is a waste product of respiration. How can this carbon dioxide be reused by the plant?
- AAs an insulating gas to regulate temperature
- BAs a reactant in photosynthesis
- CAs a reactant in transpiration
- DAs a source of nitrogen for the synthesis of nitrogenous compounds
Through what structure of a plant are the waste products carbon dioxide and water vapor mainly excreted?
Which of the following is not a method of waste excretion by a plant?
- AWaste products are released in a gaseous form via the tracheae in the stem.
- BWaste products are stored in fruits, which then drop off.
- CWaste products can be excreted into the surrounding soil.
- DWaste is stored in resins that are excreted from trunks and branches.
- EWaste products are stored in leaves, which then drop off.
Plants, like most living organisms, respire. Water is a waste product of respiration. How can this water be reused by plants?
- AAs a source of energy for metabolic processes
- BAs a source of nitrogen for the synthesis of nitrogenous compounds
- CAs a reactant in photosynthesis
- DAs an insulating gas to regulate temperature
How do plants that live in calcium-rich soil excrete excess calcium?
- ABy excreting excess calcium with water by transpiration
- BBy depositing excess calcium in cell walls to strengthen them
- CBy storing excess calcium in leaves that are shed afterwards
- DBy reusing calcium as a reactant in photosynthesis
Oxygen is a product of photosynthesis. How can this oxygen be reused by plants?
- AAs a reactant in the synthesis of new proteins
- BAs a reactant in translocation
- CAs a reactant in aerobic respiration
- DAs a source of nutrients
Some plants store minerals in the form of in their cells to avoid toxicity.
- Asoluble molecules
- Binsoluble crystals
- Cphotochemical compounds