Worksheet: Climate Change
In this worksheet, we will practice on how to recognize the impact that humans have on climate change.
The table below describes the three main cloud types. Which cloud does not produce any rain?
|Type of Cloud||Altitude||Appearance|
|Cirrus||High||Thin and feathery; rain does not fall from this type of cloud.|
|Cumulus||Middle||Puffy with a flat base|
|Stratus||Low||Flat layers like a blanket; they appear as mist or fog.|
Which of these types of weather are associated with high pressure?
- ADry clear weather
- BWarm stormy weather
- CCloudy wet weather
- DWet windy weather
What does a hygrometer measure?
- CRain fall
- DWind speed
The symbol shown can be found on weather maps. What does it mean?
- AHigh pressure
- BLow pressure
- CA cold front
- DA warm front
Weather is the state of the atmosphere at a particular place and time.
What word is used to describe average weather conditions over a period of time?
- DGlobal warming
The study of weather is known as.
The ozone layer protects Earth from the Sun’s harmful rays.
In which layer of Earth’s atmosphere is the ozone layer found?
What does a thermometer measure?
- CWind direction
- DAir pressure
How does pollution affect the levels of oxygen plants produce in the ocean?
- APollution reduces oxygen levels in the ocean.
- BPollution does not affect the amount of oxygen in the ocean.
- CPollution increases oxygen levels in the ocean.
Which type of renewable energy is shown in the photograph?
Carbon dioxide belongs to a group of gases that are harmful to the environment.
What name do scientists use to describe these gases?
- AToxic gases
- BNatural gases
- CMan-made gases
- DFlammable gases
- EGreenhouse gases
What is the environment?
- AThe weather patterns where we live
- BThe air in the atmosphere
- CEverything around us that affects life on Earth
- DThe temperature of the place where we live
What is causing damage to the rainforest in this photo?
- ECar fumes
Humans can cause damage to the ocean environment in many ways. What is polluting the ocean in this photo?
- AGases from cars and airplanes
- BLitter left by humans
- CSewage (toilet waste)
- DPollution from factories
Approximately how much has Earth’s temperature increased by over the last 100 years?
- AFive degrees Celsius
- BHalf a degree Celsius
- CTen degrees Celsius
- DA hundred degrees Celsius
- EOne degree Celsius
About how much of the oxygen in the atmosphere is made from plants that live in the ocean?
- AAround one-third
- BAll of it
- CAround one-quarter
- DAround one-half
- EAround three-quarters
Greenhouse gases cause climate change. What do scientists mean when they talk about climate change?
- AA long-term change in the climate patterns globally or in an area
- BA short-term change in the weather
- CA short-term change in the climate patterns globally or in an area
- DAn extreme weather event, such as a hurricane
Why do humans need oxygen?
- AWe need oxygen to keep us warm.
- BWe need oxygen to make food.
- CWe need oxygen to live and breathe.
- DWe need oxygen to protect us from predators.
Where does the oxygen we breathe come from?
- AThe Sun
- DThe soil
- EOuter space
Scientists believe that greenhouse gases cause global warming. What is global warming?
- AA decrease in the overall temperature of Earth’s atmosphere
- BAn increase in the overall temperature of Earth’s atmosphere