In this worksheet, we will practice defining electronegativity and rank the electronegativities of elements based on their positions in the periodic table.
From their positions on the Periodic Table, which of the following has the lowest electronegativity?
From their positions on the Periodic Table, which of the following has the highest electronegativity?
Which of the following is an accurate definition of electronegativity?
- AThe energy needed to remove electrons from a neutral atom
- BThe energy released when electrons are added to a neutral atom
- CThe number of valence electrons that an atom can provide for chemical bonding
- DThe ability of an atom in a chemical bond to attract electrons toward itself
- EThe charge of an atom resulting from the uneven distribution of electrons in a chemical bond