In this worksheet, we will practice calculating the molality of a solution and relating differences between molality and molarity to solvent density.
Which of the following is the correct definition of the molarity of a solution?
- AGrams of solute per milliliter of solution
- BMoles of solute per cubic meter of solution
- CMoles of solute per kilogram of solution
- DMoles of solute per liter of solution
- EGrams of solute per gram of solution
What is the molality of 0.710 kg of sodium carbonate (washing soda), , in 10.0 kg of water?
A 13.0% solution of by mass has a density of 1.09 g/cm3. What is the molality of the solution?
Fill in the blanks. A 1 M solution consists of 1 mol of a solute in 1 L of , while a 1 m solution consists of 1 mol of a solute in 1 kg of .
- ASolvent, solvent
- BSolvent, solution
- CSolution, solution
- DSolution, solvent
What is the molality of nitric acid in a concentrated solution of nitric acid (68.0% by mass)?