Worksheet: Lines and Angles
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying and naming points, lines, rays, line segments, and angles with notation.
Given that the side length of a small square is 1 unit, then the length of is units.
is a square. What is ?
Which line has the greatest length?
Determine whether the following sentence is true or false: From a point outside a straight line, we can draw one and only one straight line perpendicular to that line.
Name the sides of .
Which of the following combinations forms a straight line?
How many straight lines can be drawn through two distinct points?
What is the name of the shape?
- Bstraight line
- Cline segment
In the given figure, which of the following would represent the straight line passing through and ?
Using a ruler if necessary, fill in the gap with , , or : .
Use or to fill in the blank: .
Determine whether the following statement is sometimes, never, or always true: If a point lies on the line segment , then is greater than either or .
- Anever true
- Bsometimes true
- Calways true
Determine whether the following statement is always, sometimes, or never true: A line segment is longer than a ray.
- Asometimes true
- Balways true
- Cnever true
How is the following expressed in symbols?
Determine whether the following sentence is true or false: From a point outside a straight line, we can draw many straight lines parallel to that line.
What is this?
- AThe straight line .
- BThe straight line .
- CThe ray .
- DThe ray .
- EThe line segment .
Can we measure the length of a line?
Which of the following is the correct definition of a ray?
- AA ray is the point where two line segments intersect.
- BA ray is the section of a line connecting two points.
- CA ray is the part of a straight line beginning at a given point and extending in one direction to a predetermined length.
- DA ray is the part of a straight line beginning at a given point and extending limitlessly in one direction.
- EA ray is a line through a point extending limitlessly in both directions.
In the given figure, which of the following would represent the ray passing through and ?
Is , , or ?
Is , , or ?
Which sentence describes what has been drawn?
- AA straight line intersecting a line segment .
- BA line segment intersecting a straight line .
- CA ray intersecting a ray .
- DA line segment intersecting a line segment .
- EA straight line intersecting a straight line .