This lesson includes 14 additional questions and 6 additional question variations for subscribers.
Lesson Worksheet: The Human Urinary System Science
In this worksheet, we will practice identifying the parts and functions of the human urinary system.
Which of the following is a function of the urinary system?
- AFiltering waste from the blood
- BDigesting food
- CRemoving waste through sweat
- DAdding waste to the blood
What is the function of the ureters?
- ATransporting blood from the kidneys to the heart
- BStoring urine until it exits the body
- CTransferring urine from the kidneys to the bladder
- DFiltering waste from the blood
Below is a diagram of the urinary system. Which label points to the kidneys?
- ALabel 2
- BLabel 3
- CLabel 1
- DLabel 4
Which label points to the organ that stores urine until it exits the body?
- ALabel 1
- BLabel 2
- CLabel 3
- DLabel 4
Pick the type of waste that is not excreted by the urinary system.
- CUric acid
- DCarbon dioxide
- ENitrogenous wastes
Which of these is a function of the urinary system?
- ATo bring oxygen into the body through breathing
- BTo transport digested food and oxygen throughout the body
- CTo allow the body to feel, taste, touch, smell, and hear
- DTo filter wastes from the blood and dissolve them in water to create urine
- ETo digest and absorb food
Pick the diagram that shows the correct position of the urinary system within the human body.
Look at the diagram.
Which organ in the urinary system is label 5?
- AThe bladder
- BA vein
- CThe ureter
- DThe kidney
- EAn artery
Here is a diagram of the urinary system with some parts labeled.
Which part carries blood containing harmful nitrogenous wastes to the kidneys?
- ALabel 1
- BLabel 4
- CLabel 5
- DLabel 3
- ELabel 2
Look at the diagram showing the position of the lungs within the human body.
Pick the answer that describes the position of the urinary system compared to the lungs.
- AThe urinary system is above the lungs.
- BThe urinary system is next to the lungs.
- CThe urinary system is in front of the lungs.
- DThe urinary system is below the lungs.
- EThe urinary system is behind the lungs.